Our aim in hosting TLC virtual health education and community events is to promote awareness, inspire hope, empower healing, and strengthen our community through connection and acceptance. Our goal is to provide a safe environment where everyone feels welcome to participate, speak up, ask questions, and engage in healthy conversation and interactions. This requires a harassment-free and inclusive environment that recognizes the inherent worth of every participant. We invite all those who participate to help us create a safe and positive experience for everyone.
Everything discussed and disclosed during TLC events health education and community should remain confidential to honor the privacy of participants. Audio or video recording of this virtual event is not allowed unless stated in the event description.
Respect and Inclusivity:
This and every TLC health education and community is an intentionally positive space dedicated to connecting those with BFRBs to reduce the stigma and isolation that often accompanies these conditions. We recognize and celebrate the diversity of skills, talents, experiences, cultures, and opinions that participants bring to our community. This is an inclusive environment, based on treating all individuals respectfully, regardless of race, nationality, ethnicity, culture, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, physical appearance, or religion (or lack thereof).
We value respectful behavior, including being considerate, kind, constructive, and helpful. We do not tolerate the harassment of event participants, TLC staff members, or co-hosts in any form. Demeaning, discriminatory, exclusionary, harassing, hateful, sexual, or threatening behavior, speech, and imagery are not appropriate or acceptable during any aspect of this or any TLC health education and community event. Participants violating these policies may be removed at the discretion of TLC staff.
The TLC Foundation for BFRBs and its health education and community events are not places for commercial activity such as marketing a business or service, product placement, or product promotion. Representatives from commercial enterprises are asked to respect this safe space created for the BFRB community. Please refrain from marketing a business or service, product promotion, placement, endorsement, or providing discounts or incentives while attending TLC Foundation for BFRBs health education and community events unless you are sponsoring the event. We reserve the right to remove representatives from commercial enterprises that fail to comply with this policy.
If you experience disrespectful behavior toward yourself or anyone else and feel unable or unwilling to respond or resolve it respectfully for any reason, bring it to the attention of a TLC staff member (co-host), who will work to resolve it.
To participate in this TLC health education and community event, you must read the event description, this Code of Conduct in its entirety, and register on Zoom to receive the link to join. By acknowledging it, you indicate that you understand the expectations and agree to the policies and implications for non-compliance.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
- Show respect towards participants, presenters, and TLC staff co-hosting the event.
- Respect privacy, boundaries, and differences among participants and co-hosts.
- Contact a TLC staff member (co-host) if you cannot resolve an issue with someone else.
- Alert TLC Staff if you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of this Code of Conduct, even if they seem inconsequential.
- If you exhibit problematic behavior or violate the Code of Conduct during this event, a staff member will reach out to you directly, and you may be asked to leave.
- You must read the full event description and Code of Conduct in order to proceed to the Zoom registration process.
- Agreeing to adhere to the Code of Conduct within the Zoom registration process is mandatory for event attendance.
- Online events are not a substitute for appropriate treatment, and appropriate treatment and/or advice should always be obtained directly from a qualified and experienced medical health professional. Never disregard professional advice, including medical advice, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read or viewed on this site.
Online events are not a substitute for appropriate treatment, and appropriate treatment and/or advice should always be obtained directly from a qualified and experienced medical health professional. Never disregard professional advice, including medical advice, or delay in seeking it because of something you have read or viewed on this site.