This study seeks men and women aged 18 - 45 years old who struggle with daily hair-pulling
Participants are required to attend up to 5 study visits at the research site over approximately a 3-month period and will be compensated for their participation. A list of research sites is provided below.
• You may experience an improvement in symptoms, including hair-pulling and related urges but this is not yet known.
• You will be helping to study a possible treatment option for a condition that currently has no FDA-approved treatments.
• You will be helping to advance medical research.
• You will be helping to better understand this debilitating and chronic disorder.
• No requirement for overnight stays and procedures are minimally invasive.
• You will be helping to develop a new tool to monitor Trichotillomania symptoms.
Who Can Participate?
• Adults aged 18-45 years old with moderate to severe hair-pulling occurring on a daily basis, with or without a prior diagnosis of Trichotillomania
• Must not have a history or current diagnosis of schizophrenia or a bipolar-related condition
• Able to attend up to 5 study visits at the research site over approximately 3 months
• If you decide to participate in the study and later feel that you no longer wish to be part of it, you may withdraw at any time.
• Your records relating to this study and any other information received will be kept strictly confidential, except as required by the law.
• Qualified health professionals will monitor your health as it relates to the study.
If you are interested in participating in this study, you can find out more by contacting the research site listed below. They will be able to provide more details about the study and whether you are eligible.
For More Information Contact: